From combat to career…the GI Bill® can help you get there. There are just a few simple steps to find out if you are eligible to receive education benefits.
GI Bill® chapters:
- CHAPTER 33: The Post 9/11 GI Bill®
- CHAPTER 30: The Montgomery GI Bill®
- CHAPTER 35: Survivors & Dependents Assistance Program
- OTHER PROGRAMS (i.e. 1606, 1607 Reservist)
- Transferring your GI Bill®
The Yellow Ribbon Program is a provision of the Chapter 33 Post 9/11 Veterans Education Assistance Act of 2008. The program provides for an agreement between Vanguard University and the Veterans Affairs Administration (VA) to award scholarships to qualified students to fund tuition and course related fees that exceed benefits available under the Post 9/11 GI Bill®. Under the agreement the VA will match Vanguard University’s scholarship contribution.
ELIGIBILITY & AWARD
- Students must qualify for the Post 9/11 GI Bill® through the Veterans Administration and elect to receive benefits under the Post 9/11 GI Bill® Program.
- Students must qualify for Yellow Ribbon program benefits as defined by the Post 9/11 GI Bill® and Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program.
- Recipients may receive varying amounts to be determined by semester enrollment, tuition and fees charges.
- Recipients will be awarded in the current and subsequent academic years in which the university participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program and the student maintains continued enrollment and satisfactory progress according to the University Catalog.
- Students participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program are disqualified from receiving institutional financial aid per academic year. Consulting a financial aid counselor prior to enrollment is strong suggested.
HOW TO APPLY
Questions, contact the School Certifying Official at VASCO@vanguard.edu or by phone at (714) 668-6131.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs(VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.