2017 Creating Healthy Organizations Conference
The first Creating Healthy Organizations Conference: Science and Practice of Productivity and Well-being
(June 2017) explored evidence-based ways to help both organizations and individuals working in these organizations thrive.
Participants included students, academics, and professionals from more than 40 organizations. Presenters represented 16 universities, including Emory University, Colorado State University, University of Denver, and St. Mary’s University, Halifax, CA. While many presenters were from the Southern California professional community, others traveled from Canada, India, and Chile to participate in the 1st Creating Healthy Organization conference.
The conference also included an inaugural Healthy Organizations awards breakfast, honoring Al Mijares, Orange County Department of Education; The Ayres Family, Ayres Hotel & Suites; Katie Skelton, St. Joseph Hospital; and Jerri Rosen, Working Wardrobes. This special awards breakfast, with approximately 140 attendees, honored these leaders for creating and sustaining a thriving workplace.
- What does a healthy organization look like?
- Under New Management: Full Transparency, Less Email, No Cubicles, and where the Future of Work is Headed
- The Science Of Strength: Achieving the Next Level of Performance & Wellbeing
- Interpersonal Leadership: The Key to a Healthy Organization
- Servant Leadership
- NextGen Leadership - The Relationship Revolution
- Joy and Meaning in Healthcare Workers
- The Psychopathology of Leadership
- Conscious Capitalism: The Next Paradigm Shift for Leadership and Work
- You got your results of the Engagement Survey, now what?
- Mental Health in the Workplace: HR Can Lead the Change
- Mindfulness, Presence, and Healthy Organizations
- Powered by Purpose: Values Based Leadership and Organizational Effectiveness