Career Services offers free one-on-one individualized career advising to current Vanguard University students from undergraduate, graduate and professional studies programs, and all Lion alumni. Wherever you are in the career development process, we will be by your side. We invite you to schedule an appointment to develop a personalized plan.
Appointment Topics Offered:
- Resume Review
- Cover Letter Review
- Mock Interview
- Job and Internship Search
- Graduate School Applications
- Assessment Results
- Career Direction and Planning
- Choosing a Major
- Personal Statement Review
- LinkedIn Profile Review
- Federal Work Study and On Campus Student Jobs
- Cover Letter
- What Can I Do With This Major?
- Career Direction
- Graduate School
Click Here For:
FWS provides employment and community service opportunities for students who are eligible for need-based financial aid. Awards are made based on the availability of funding and the student’s financial need, as determined by the FAFSA, and are communicated through VU's Financial Aid Office.
Students who are awarded FWS are not guaranteed employment.
Though these funds are intended to assist with paying educational costs, FWS funds are not considered in the college payment plan, as they are paid directly to students via a paycheck that is issued twice monthly as the student works.
Current FWS / on campus employment opportunities can be found in Handshake.
Students not eligible for FWS may still apply for on campus jobs paid by Vanguard University.
Learning about your personality type, career interests, work values, skills, and strengths will help you make better-informed career choices. Career Services offers various assessments with individualized interpretation and counseling.
- Graduate School + Seminary Fair
- Graduate School Preparation Workshops
- Job + Internship Fair
- Camp + Ministry Fair
Scott Academic Center, 2nd Floor
- All Career Advising appointments are scheduled through Handshake. Students use your Vanguard login and password to access Handshake. Once logged in, click on 'Career Center', then 'Appointments', then 'Schedule A New Appointment'.
- Walk-In Hours: Walk-In Hours are not offered during Summer break and will resume in the fall.