Career Services offers free one-on-one individualized career advising to current Vanguard University students from undergraduate, graduate and professional studies programs, and all Lion alumni. Wherever you are in the career development process, we will be by your side. We invite you to schedule an appointment to develop a personalized plan.
Appointment Topics Offered:
- Resume Review
- Cover Letter Review
- Mock Interview
- Job and Internship Search
- Graduate School Applications
- Assessment Results
- Career Direction and Planning
- Choosing a Major
- Personal Statement Review
- LinkedIn Profile Review
- Cover Letter
- What Can I Do With This Major?
- Career Direction
- Graduate School
Learning about your personality type, career interests, work values, skills, and strengths will help you make better-informed career choices. Career Services offers various assessments with individualized interpretation and counseling.
- Career Mentoring Program
- Job + Internship Fair
- Camp + Ministry Fair
- Graduate School + Seminary Fair
- Graduate School Preparation Workshops
Save the Date: THURSDAY, MARCH 8, 2018
You are not required to pre-register for this event.
Be PREPARED & STANDOUT!
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 5, 10AM - 2PM: VETERAN'S COURTYARD
This is a great opportunity to hear from different Graduate School Programs and find the one that's right for you!
Bring your lunch and join us for one or all of the below workshops to help you prepare for graduate school.
PATHWAY TO GRADUATE SCHOOL
- THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 12-1PM: PRICE ROOM
- LEARN NEED TO KNOW TIPS, COMMON MISTAKES, AND TIMELINE IN APPLYING TO GRADUATE SCHOOL PROGRAMS.
- WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 12-1PM: PRICE ROOM
- LEARN HOW TO WRITE AN OUTSTANDING PERSONAL STATEMENT ESSAY FOR YOUR GRADUATE SCHOOL APPLICATION.
GRE SAMPLE CLASS
- THURSDAY, OCTOBER 12, 12-1PM: PRICE ROOM
- LEARN STRATEGIES TO RAISE YOUR GRE SCORE.
Scott Academic Center, 2nd Floor
- Log into LionsLink to schedule an appointment with a Career Counselor. Once logged in, click on "Request a Counseling Appointment" and follow the prompts.
- Walk-In Hours are offered on Wednesdays from 9AM-12PM. PLEASE NOTE Walk-In Hours will not be offered during Summer break.