Advancing Women in Leadership Conference
Tuesday, March 19, 2019
8:00am - 5:00pm
Newport Mesa Church Worship Center
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for research-based, discipline centered, and practical experience based presentations that might include case studies and personal experience, mindsets and skill sets.
Please submit your presentation proposal in one of the following categories:
- Leading with Integrity: Themes may include challenges, strategies, obstacles, men & women working together, opportunities, success or failure, sphere of influence, role models, historical, biblical, sponsorship, servant leadership leading from where you are.
- Leading with Faith: Themes may include innovation, biblical models of women leading in faith, by example, practical vs. idealism, Spirit driven leadership
- Leading with Trust: Themes may include creating safe spaces for women in leadership, building teams that have trust, mentoring, investment in people, colleagues
The conference is designed for women of all ages, stages of life, and professional development. Men are also highly encouraged to attend and learn about leadership trends, research models, issues, and opportunities addressing gender balance in leadership structures. Faculty, staff, and students (undergraduate and graduate) who aspire to building leadership competency and capacity in a community dedicated to educating the next generation will benefit from this conference. Attendance is limited to approximately 525 attendees.
- Lead Presenter contact information, to include organization and education credentials. Co-presenter information should be included, when applicable.
- Workshop title and category (Leading with Integrity, Leading with Faith, Leading with Trust).
- Description for publishing in program.
- Three (3) learning objectives.
- To whom this workshop is intended.
- Resources or research used.
- Eligibility for Continuing Education (CE).
Each breakout session will be 45 minutes long, including audience Q&A. Rooms are set up classroom style with a computer, video projector and screen. Wifi access is available and HDMI or VGA connectors are available for your own laptop computer.
Notifications will be sent via email by January 4, 2019. It is their responsibility to relay that information to all co-presenters. If you don't receive notice by the end of December, please contact Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org. Scheduling information will be sent to all participants at the beginning of February 2019.
The submission deadline is now extended until December 14th, 2018. No proposals will be accepted after this date.