ADVANCING WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE
Tuesday, March 19, 2019 | 8 am - 5 pm
Newport Mesa Church, Vanguard University
2019 THEME // LIFT: LEADING WITH INTEGRITY, FAITH AND TRUST
- LIFT honors a desire to lead differently.
- LIFT leaders lean into values and build character.
- LIFT is a conviction to build the next generation. We lift one other, rising to higher ground together.
- Leadership comes from my unique position and calling, not my title.
- My decisions and actions should reflect honesty and high moral character.
- I know how to use on my relationship with God to impact my workplace.
- My value of others’ personal and cultural backgrounds and perspectives makes me a trustworthy leader.
- As women leaders in higher education, we must answer the call to lead with integrity, faith and trust, and to commit ourselves to elevating each other. As we do, we claim higher ground.
Dr. David Wright
President, Indiana University
Dr. Elizabeth Conde-Frazier
Association of Hispanic Theological Education
Vanguard University is proud to partner with the following hotels. Please request the Vanguard University hotel rate when making your reservation.
--Guest Services: Complimentary wi-fi, parking, and shuttle service within a 3-mile radius.
--Guest Services: Complimentary breakfast for one person, wi-fi, and parking. Shuttle service to John Wayne Airport (SNA) and within a 5-mile radius.
- Who should attend the conference? Can men attend?
- What should I expect?
- Why was the Advancing Women in Leadership conference started?
- How do I contact you?
- Do you have any sponsorship opportunities?
The Advancing Women in Leadership conference is designed for women of all ages, stages of life, and professional development. Men are also highly encouraged to attend and learn about leadership trends, research models, issues, and opportunities addressing gender balance in leadership structures. Faculty, staff, and students (undergraduate and graduate) who aspire to higher levels of influence and professional development are the key audience for the conference.
Participants will learn from top female leaders in the field of higher education and receive encouragement, direction, support and education related to advancing careers, personal influence, professionalism, vocational discernment, and leadership gravitas. Further, attendees have the opportunity to network with CCCU colleagues.
According to a 2016 report, women are entering institutions of higher education at a higher rate than men, with women also earning more than 50% of all bachelor’s master’s degrees, and doctoral degrees. Yet, even with these increasing figures, the faculty and senior administration of many colleges and universities fall short of a healthy gender balance representation. The Advancing Women in Leadership conference will address these challenges and opportunities.