- WHAT IS THE FACULTY / STAFF ANNUAL GIVING CAMPAIGN FOR VANGUARD UNIVERSITY?
- WHEN IS THE CAMPAIGN?
- WHAT IS THE VANGUARD UNIVERSITY FUND?
- WHY SHOULD I SUPPORT VANGUARD BY MAKING A GIFT THROUGH THE FACULTY AND STAFF GIVING CAMPAIGN?
- WHY DO WE FUNDRAISE? DON’T TUITION FEES COVER ALL OF THE COSTS TO RUN A UNIVERSITY?
- HOW MUCH SHOULD I GIVE?
- WHY THE VANGUARD UNIVERSITY FUND FOR THIS CAMPAIGN AND NOT A SPECIFIC DEPARTMENT OR PROGRAM?
- What are the new Incentives for participation this year?
- How can people make gifts?
- If I am already giving via payroll deduction, do I need to fill out another brochure?
The Vanguard University Fund exists to support VU’s budget and to encourage alumni, parents, friends, corporations, foundations and faulty/staff to make contributions. These resources are critical. Contributions to the VU Fund provides financial aid, better facilities, top-notch faculty and continued high-quality educational experience for students.
Giving is a personal decision and our individual reasons for contributing are many. But we have at least one common purpose—to support the reason we’re all here—the students.
A high faculty/staff giving percentage is an endorsement that staff and faculty believe in the value of our collective work at Vanguard and the investment in our students’ futures. Faculty and staff participation also plays a major role in academic rankings, grantors decisions and the university’s overall reputation. Ultimately, a high participation rate is a vote of confidence in Vanguard and its future.By participating in the annual “Give.Gain.Grow.” Faculty/Staff Campaign, we have the opportunity to show that we believe in our students’ potential. Gifts of any amount to this annual campaign help the Annual Fund which supports new technology, campus improvements, scholarships, and more. The goal is to increase participation each year. Last year it was 81%.
Many people are surprised to learn that tuition does not cover the costs it takes to run a successful university.
Universities are able to exist because of the following:
- Tuition Fees
- Auxiliary Services (ie. Events that take place on campus in the summer)
- Fundraising (ie. Philanthropy)
There is a limit on how much money a university can bring in through tuition fees and auxiliary service, so philanthropy is extremely important. Building a culture of philanthropy naturally begins with the Faculty and Staff as an example to our students and alumni that we care about our work and the students.
Giving to the VU Fund provides the support that helps all of us flourish. A higher participation rate of faculty/staff giving to the Vanguard University Fund…
- Puts VU in a positive light when applying for grant money
- Effects VU’s ratings on surveys such as the US News and World Report
- Campus Beautification
- Master Planning
- Software Licensing
The Vanguard University Fund is our area of greatest need. Funding the annual operating budget is essential to VU’s financial well-being. Helping make sure we have a balanced budget every year is important to us all.
This year, Campus Champions will be giving out VU branded pennants to every faculty/staff member who makes a gift of any amount to the campaign. For gifts of at least $10 per pay period, each donor will receive a VU t-shirt.
Each week during the campaign, the Campus Champions will draw names for 4 prizes (everyone who has donated will be entered into the drawings) for a total of 12 prizes:
- 1 day of Paid Time Off
- 1 prize of 5 free meals at the Caf
- 1 prize of 5 free meals at the Caf
- $25 Gift Card
Making a gift is quick and easy! Go to our online giving page here or complete the donation form in the brochure and return it to the Cashier in the Accounting Office downstairs in Scott Academic Center. Payroll deduction is one of the most convenient ways to make a gift.
If you are already giving, thank you! If you are happy with the amount you are currently giving you do not need to do anything.
If you would like to increase your giving amount please ask a Campus Champion or Juls Johnson x5448 for a giving brochure and fill in the new amount you would like deducted per pay period in the appropriate space. Then take the brochure to the cashier at OAO.