Vanguard University Alumni Council
The Alumni Council exists to cultivate a lifelong relationship with Vanguard University and our alumni. Alumni play a crucial role in remembering Vanguard’s past, influencing Vanguard’s present and supporting Vanguard’s future.
The Council serves to further the goals of deepening alumni engagement, connecting the broader alumni community and supporting current and future students through the development of mutually beneficial relationships. It helps connect Vanguard staff, student experiences and the greater alumni community.
Council members volunteer to support the work of Vanguard, engage fellow alumni and introduce Vanguard to ever-expanding networks of influence.
Heather (Rachels '02) Clements
Selah Cosentino '14
Erin (Bongiorno '02) Donovan - President
Greg Ertel '92
Tessa Gilton '09
Tedla Mekonnen '97
Ross Nelson '08
Christopher Ortega, Esq. '06
Barbi (Bethany '74) Rouse
Catherine (Riley '09) Santiago
Richard Varnell '66
Summer Yates '10
The mission of Vanguard University is to pursue knowledge, cultivate character, deepen faith, and equip each student for a Spirit-empowered life of Christ-centered leadership and service.
The Alumni Council is a tremendous opportunity for individuals who are passionate about Vanguard’s Mission, and have a track record of success and influence in various circles. The ideal candidate will have achieved success in ministry, business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. Your accomplishments will allow you to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Council members, and further assist in elevating Vanguard.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A desire to see Vanguard University thrive and succeed
- Previous board leadership experience
- Public support of Vanguard University and alumni programs
- Relevant professional experience/influence in ministry, business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of Vanguard’s mission
- A circle of influence and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Willingness to approach prospective friends, supporters, and donors
- Personal faith commitment to Jesus Christ, integrity, credibility and a passion for improving Vanguard University and its alumni population
Eligibility includes all persons who have earned a degree or a certificate from Vanguard University of Southern California, Southern California College, Southern California Bible College, and Southern California Bible School. This includes programs that are no longer offered.
Service on the Vanguard Alumni Council is without remuneration.