International Students are an asset to our campus for a variety of reasons. While a student is here studying from another country, our desire is to support each one as best we can.
International students must complete the same admissions process as domestic freshman or transfer students. Additionally, international students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Affidavit of Financial Support. Submit annual financial certification showing financial sponsorship for duration of planned study. Financial aid, with the exception of institutional talent scholarships, is not available for international students.
- Deposit. For Fall students, submit a check in US dollars to cover 70% of basic costs of first academic year before the I-20 form is issued. For Spring students, submit a check in US dollars to cover 100% of basic costs of the Spring semester before the I-20 form is issued.
- TOEFL. International students for whom English is not their native language are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and submit their scores to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. A score of at least 550 on the paper-based test, 213 on the computer-based test, or 80 on the internet-based test, is required for admission to Vanguard University.
- Transferring. To become eligible for transfer to VU from another American college, approval must be obtained from the previous school attended and the US Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- Full-time. International students must maintain a minimum of twelve (12) units each semester.
Once you have been admitted to VU, your admissions counselor will ask the Diversity Office to create your I-20 record and you will need to request its shipment. For options and instructions on shipping methods, please see the instructions below.
Adjustment to college life can present additional challenges for international students – the food, the culture, the learning style. Our goal is to make the transition to Vanguard smooth and provide strong support where needed. Throughout the year, international students can anticipate services for:
- Birthday and holiday celebrations
- Processing groups
- Individual and group mentoring
- Orientations during Welcome Weekend
- Access to necessary books as requested
International students will also have opportunities to share their home culture with Vanguard students through events and programs regarding international outreach and educational opportunities.
Please email email@example.com for more information or would like to get connected on campus.