The Professional Studies Program at Vanguard University is dedicated to assisting non-traditional students in reaching their goals by providing quality education in an accelerated format.
- What are the Professional Studies programs?
- Is financial aid available?
- When is the Priority deadline?
- Do I have to finish my general education prior to transferring into the Professional Studies programs?
- What can I expect from an online class?
- What day and time are courses offered?
- What Units Will Transfer?
- What is the Essay Prompt
The Professional Studies programs are for working adults who want to complete their Bachelor’s Degree. Classes are held in a cohort model and students attend class only one night per week or online depending on the program. You can complete your degree in as little as 22 months.
· Major (cohort) classes are 5-8 weeks long and held on campus or online, depending on the program.
· General education classes are offered both on campus (5-8 weeks) and online (7 weeks).
· The RN to BSN classes are 7 to 8 week hybrid courses and can completed in as little as 12 months.
· Early Childhood Education classes are seven weeks long and fully online.
No. Students may transfer into the Professional Studies programs with any amount of units. An Admissions Counselor will meet with you and complete a complimentary evaluation of your transcripts to see what classes you need to graduate. We offer general education and elective courses both online and in a classroom setting.
Most of the online classes in the Professional Studies program are asynchronous, with the exception of online religion courses, which are synchronous. Asynchronous courses do not require students to log in at a specific time each week to “attend” class. Instead, students must submit assignments at designated times throughout the week and may access materials and lectures at the time of their choosing. Synchronous courses require students to be online at a specific time.
The SPS program has encouraged me, challenged me, and pushed me to want to be better in my business life, as well as my faith. The program really has opened my eyes to a different side of education that I have never had before. I would 100% recommend this program to anyone out there.