- What are the Professional Studies programs?
- How often do new classes begin?
- How many units do I need to begin a cohort?
- Do I have to finish my general education prior to transferring into the Professional Studies programs?
- Can I test out of general education units?
- What day and time are courses offered?
- How much is tuition?
- Is Financial Aid available?
- Are discounts available for Professional Studies students?
- Do I need work experience to be eligible for the Professional Studies programs?
- When is the Priority deadline?
- What is the minimum GPA requirement?
- what is the workload for each course?
- What can I expect from an online class?
- Is Vanguard University accredited?
- How do I get started?
- will my units transfer?
The Professional Studies programs are for working adults who want to complete their Bachelor’s Degree. Classes are held in a cohort model and students attend class only one night per week or online depending on the program. You can complete your degree in as little as 22 months.
- Major (cohort) classes are 5-8 weeks long and held on campus or online, depending on the program.
- General education classes are offered both on campus (5-8 weeks) and online (7 weeks).
- The RN to BSN classes are 7 to 8 week hybrid courses and can completed in as little as 12 months.
- Early Childhood classes are seven weeks long and fully online.
You can start your upper division coursework when you have completed 57 units. It is strongly recommended that students complete their General Education coursework prior to beginning their cohort. For the RN to BSN program, students must hold a current California RN License or be enrolled in an ADN program.
No. Students may transfer into the Professional Studies programs with any amount of units. An Admissions Counselor will meet with you and complete a complimentary evaluation of your transcripts to see what classes you need to graduate. We offer general education and elective courses both online and in a classroom setting.
Work experience is preferred, but not required for all Professional Studies Programs. Students with less than three years work experience applying to the Business program or less than three years work experience applying to the Religion program will be required to write an additional essay as part of the admissions requirements. Nursing students have a preferred 1 year work experience requirement in the field of nursing.
Most of the online classes in the Professional Studies program are asynchronous, with the exception of online religion courses, which are asynchronous. Asynchronous courses do not require students to log in at a specific time each week to “attend” class. Instead, students must submit assignments at designated times throughout the week and may access materials and lectures at the time of their choosing. Synchronous courses require students to be online at a specific time.
Yes. Vanguard is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WASC). The RN to BSN program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Vanguard is a member of the Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities, the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities and an Associate Member of Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities.