Drawer Trigger

FA Resources

Tutorials and Links

Useful Links



Funded by a grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, this free guide will answer all those tricky FAFSA questions, especially for those with non-traditional and unique family situations.

FAFSA Tutorial

Watch this video on YouTube for a step-by-step process on how to file a FAFSA.

Making a Budget

With college being a new experience for most, it is important to start budgeting as soon as possible. Provided is a Monthly Budget Planner Excel spreadsheet to help jumpstart you on the right track.

Financial Aid Awareness

  • The Department of Education offers information to help you obtain an in-depth understanding of what your awards are and your responsibility after college. Complete Financial Awareness Counseling here.
  • Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – Know Before You Owe Private Loan; Important information for students & young Americans

Life After College

What comes after college can be a daunting question and an unknown process. The following loan repayment and information listed below can help:

Other Types of Assistance


In exchange for a year of full-time service, AmeriCorps members earn a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award (equal to the maximum Pell Grant) that helps pay for college or pay back student loans.

GI Bill & Yellow Ribbon

The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Education Assistance Act of 2008. The program provides for an agreement between Vanguard University and the Veterans Administration (VA) to award scholarships to qualified students to fund tuition and fees that exceed benefits available under the Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33). Under the agreement the VA will match Vanguard University’s scholarship contribution.


  • Students must qualify for the Post-9/11 GI Bill through the Veterans Administration and elect to receive benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® program.
  • Students must qualify for Yellow Ribbon program benefits as defined by the Post-9/11 GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program.
  • Scholarships are available and are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis as required by the Yellow Ribbon program agreement.


  • Recipients may receive varying amounts to be determined by semester enrollment, tuition and fee charges.
  • Recipients will be awarded in the current and subsequent academic years in which the university participates in the Yellow Ribbon program and the student maintains continued enrollment and satisfactory progress according to the University Catalog.


  • For students enrolled in the Traditional Undergraduate Program: $10,000 per year (Fall, Spring, & Summer)
  • For students enrolled in the Professional Studies Undergraduate Program: $2,250 per year (Fall, Spring, & Summer)

ROTC Scholarship

Whether you’re a high school student gearing up for college or already attending a college or university, Army ROTC has a scholarship for you. ROTC scholarships are awarded based on a student’s merit and grades, not financial need. ROTC Scholarships website

And they’re offered in the following forms:

  • Two-, three-, and four-year scholarship options based on the time remaining to complete your degree
  • Full-tuition scholarships
  • Options for room and board in place of tuition, if you qualify
  • Additional allowances for books and fees

Apply Here

Army ROTC scholarships provide monthly living allowances for each school year. You can earn different amounts depending on your level in the Army ROTC curriculum.

  • 1st year, $300/month
  • 2nd year, $350/month
  • 3rd year, $450/month
  • 4th year, $500/month

This allowance is also available to all non-scholarship cadets enrolled in the Army ROTC Advanced Course (3rd and 4th years).

Tuition & Exchange Waiver

Vanguard University is a proud member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) and participates in the Tuition Waiver Exchange Program (TWEP). This program is open to undergraduate dependents of full-time faculty, staff and administrators who have one full year of employment and offers the opportunity for dependents to attend another participating CCCU member school. Vanguard offers one waiver per year with a maximum of four on campus each year. There is no cost for the student in applying for and receiving this waiver. The waiver covers full tuition only. All non-tuition charges (e.g., room, board, and fees) are the responsibility of the student. You can learn more about this program and find a list of participating member institutions on the CCCU TWEP website.

Vanguard is also a member of The Tuition Exchange Inc. (TEI), a non-faith based organization with over 600 participating member institutions. This program is literally an exchange program in that each institution must maintain a balance between students sent to other schools (“exports”) and students received on the exchange (“imports”). The Vanguard family receiving the waiver is required to pay a $35 annual fee for participation in the Tuition Exchange program. Most scholarships cover four years of undergraduate education as long as the student meets necessary institutional standards. Scholarships cover full tuition, one-half tuition for a non-resident at a public institution or a rate set by The Tuition Exchange. All non-tuition charges (e.g., room, board, and fees) are the responsibility of the student.

Federal Work Study

Work Study jobs are available to students who still have unmet need after traditional financial aid has been awarded. Work study jobs are typically on campus. The wages earned from work study are not counted toward student income when you file the following years FAFSA, so they are a way to reduce your expected family contribution, while still having a part time job. For further information about on campus work study positions, contact the careers center: https://www.vanguard.edu/resources/career-serviceshttp://www.vanguard.edu/career/

If you have not worked on campus previously, you must submit the following information to the Payroll Office before you begin working:

  • An Employee Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9)
  • Acceptable documentation to establish your identity and employment eligibility
  • A W-4 Form.

Once hired by a department, you will submit timecards of hours worked on the dates indicated on your timecards to your supervisor for signature and verification of accuracy and then submission of timecard to the Payroll Office.

Restrictions on Work-Study employment include, but are not limited to:

  • You may not work more than 20 hours per week
  • You may not be paid for working more than one job during the same hours,
  • You cannot work during hours you are scheduled to be in class.

Sufficient employment opportunities are available but not guaranteed. Students may contact the Financial Aid Office to obtain a Federal Work-Study Application or download it online here. The Financial Aid Office cannot accept an application that does not have a supervisor signature on it. Please ensure a job is secured and the application is completed in full before submitting it to the FAO.