Basic Transfer of Credit Policies for Traditional Undergraduate Current Students


1. 24 of the last 30 units of a student’s degree must be taken at Vanguard University.

2. A maximum of 70 units may be transferred from a Community College.

3. A maximum of 2 lower division (100 or 200 level) courses may be used to “meet” upper division (300 or 400 level) requirements within the student’s major. Though they may be used to meet requirements, they do not count towards the 40 upper division units needed to graduate.

4. Community College courses are considered lower division (100 or 200 level), so they do not count toward the 40 Upper Division Units needed to graduate.

5. A grade of “C-” or higher must be earned in order for a course to transfer.

6. Grades do not transfer into VU, only the units do.

7. To meet the lab science requirement, the science course lecture must have a corresponding lab, and the lab must be done on-site. Online or distance learning labs will not transfer.

*Contact the Office of the Registrar with specific questions, and for more detailed information, click here: Transfer of Credit Policies.

Contact Us


Please feel free to call the Office of the Registrar at 714.662.5200 or email us if you have questions.