Drawer Trigger

Professional Studies Transfers


The Professional Studies Program is VU’s night program for working adults. If you are not a Professional Studies student, click here for Traditional Undergraduate Transfer Information.

Current Professional Studies Students must fill out a Request to Transfer Off-Campus Units form before taking any courses off campus. Without this form, Current Students are not assured that classes will transfer.

Basic Transfer of Credit Policies for Professional Studies Current Students

1. A maximum of 90 units may be transferred from a Community College.

2. Community College courses are considered lower division (100 or 200 level), so they do not count toward the 40 Upper Division Units needed to graduate.

3. A grade of “C-” or higher must be earned in order for a course to transfer.

4. Courses must be taken for a letter grade and will not be calculated into your cumulative GPA at Vanguard.

*Contact the Office of the Registrar with specific questions, and for more detailed information, click here:


Transfer Policies for Bachelor’s Degrees

NEW! StraighterLine courses are now accepted for GE requirements


We invite you to take the next step