Study abroad is unlike any other opportunity you will have during your time at Vanguard.
The domestic and international programs are designed to go beyond the classroom and provide an experiential education. VU is a community that puts our education and faith into action. Studying abroad allows you to do both in a different context than you are used to.
Whether you are interested in a short-term intensive program or spending a full semester away, GEO can walk you through the steps from finding a program to returning home.
To study during the Spring semester: October 15th
- Mandatory Training: November 15, 2019, 1-4pm
To study during the Summer or Fall semesters: March 15th
- Mandatory Training: April 17, 2020, 1-4pm
Application fee for all full-semester programs: $100
The application fee is non-refundable and is used for the processing of the application, courses, and risk management support services. In addition, a portion of the fee will cover the cost of registration to Lessons from Abroad, a one-day conference in Southern California for study abroad returnees.
Applications received after the deadline dates may be subject to an additional $50 fee.
Interested in studying abroad?
- Make an account with ViaTRM
- Use the Program Match tool to help filter available programs
- Attend an information meeting with the GEO Study Abroad Intern
- Complete both applications: (found on ViaTRM)
- Desired Program
- Interview with GEO
- Walk through Orientation & Training process
- Study Abroad!
Failure to complete the Vanguard Study Abroad application may result in ineligibility to study abroad.