Study abroad is unlike any other opportunity you will have during your time at Vanguard.
The domestic and international programs are designed to go beyond the classroom and provide an experiential education. VU is a community that puts our education and faith into action. Studying abroad allows you to do both in a different context than you are used to.
Whether you are interested in a short-term intensive program or spending a full semester away, GEO can walk you through the steps from finding a program to returning home.
To study during the Spring semester: October 15th
- Mandatory Training: November 13, 2020, 1-4pm
To study during the Summer or Fall semesters: March 15th
- Mandatory Training: April 16, 2021, 1-4pm
Application fee for all full-semester programs: $100
The application fee is non-refundable and is used for the processing of the application, courses, and risk management support services. In addition, a portion of the fee will cover the cost of registration to Lessons from Abroad, a one-day conference in Southern California for study abroad returnees.
Applications received after the deadline dates may be subject to an additional $50 fee.
The best time to study abroad during your college education is your Junior year. We understand that is not possible for everyone, but there are a few parameters you must meet to be approved for a study abroad program.
To be eligible to study abroad, a student must
- be an active and enrolled student at Vanguard University the semester immediately prior to studying abroad.
- have at least a sophomore status in credit units (some exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis)
- not complete their study abroad program in their final semester of college (summer intensive programs are an exception to this rule)
Not sure if your eligible? Contact GEO to learn more!
Interested in studying abroad?
- Make an account with ViaTRM
- Use the Program Match tool to help filter available programs
- Attend an information meeting with the GEO Study Abroad Intern
- Complete both applications: (found on ViaTRM)
- Desired Program
- Interview with GEO
- Walk through Orientation & Training process
- Study Abroad!
Failure to complete the Vanguard Study Abroad application may result in ineligibility to study abroad.
Still in High School or starting your first semester at Vanguard soon? It's never too early to start planning! If you want to hear more about Study Abroad at Vanguard, we would love to talk with you. Just send an email to StudyAbroad@vangaurd.edu with your questions or to set up an appointment to talk.