Musical Theatre Award for Musical Theatre Concentration Majors
Deadline: March 2
Vanguard University offers generous financial aid to all undergraduates. A minimum of five new incoming fall Musical Theatre concentration undergraduates will be awarded competitive Musical Theatre Scholarships. Musical Theatre Scholarships will be stacked with academic scholarships and other institutional aid and/or state and federal grants not to exceed full tuition.
- Application and acceptance to Vanguard University
- Completed application on Getacceptd.com
- Completed FAFSA
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Musical Theatre Concentration Major Declaration
- 32 bars of a Broadway song or ballad
- Demonstrate full vocal range
- Demonstrate adherence to pitch and tempo
- Two contrasting one to two-minute monologues
- Drama / Comedy OR Contemporary / Classical
- 30-seconds to one-minute choreographed dance piece
(A Bluetooth speaker will be available to play recorded music from and iPod or similar mp3 playing device.)
Each year, 2-3 shows are entered in the prestigious Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival. These shows are adjudicated to determine the show’s potential competition in the regional festival, and for individual student talent as candidates to compete for the Irene Ryan award, which is the highest national acting scholarship award for college students. Student designers and stage managers are also considered for top KCACTF awards.