Student Learning Outcomes
Psychology Student Learning Outcomes
VUSC Psychology graduates should be able to:
- Apply principles of cognitive, behavioral, biological, socio-cultural, and spiritual perspectives on human nature to practical issues such as personal, social and/or organizational issues.
- Apply core principles of empirical research, including research design, data analysis, and interpretation, to critically evaluate scholarly research.
- Practice professional ethics (as defined by American Psychological Association), cultural competency, and citizenship with the focus on core principles of beneficence, responsibility, integrity, justice, and respect.
- Develop oral and written products that demonstrate information literacy skills in an established scientific format (APA).
- Apply psychological knowledge, skills, and values to various careers and/or postgraduate study.
- Integrate a Christian worldview with knowledge of psychology.