Student Learning Outcomes
Vanguard University Liberal Studies graduates should be able to:
1. Students will articulate their mission as a teacher in the context of their Christian faith through written and verbal modes of expression including reflective essays, a Christian faith integration paper, and class discussions.
2. Students will demonstrate understanding of the various philosophies of education and be able to articulate their own personal philosophies in integrative papers and class discussions.
3. Students will apply their knowledge of cultural diversity through fieldwork, oral presentations, and writing projects.
4. Students will demonstrate their use of information literacy to support student learning by applying technology skills to collaborative online writing projects and objective exams.
5. Students will apply their understanding of the state teaching profession standards by completing field experience observations and writing assignments.
6. Students will apply their working knowledge of the foundations of the teaching profession through field experience.