Student Learning Outcomes
Vanguard University Liberal Studies graduates should be able to:
- Students will articulate their mission as a teacher in the context of their Christian faith through written and verbal modes of expression including reflective essays, a Christian faith integration paper, and class discussions.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of the various philosophies of education and be able to articulate their own in integrative papers and class discussions.
- Students will apply their knowledge of cultural diversity learning through fieldwork, oral presentations, and writing projects.
- Students will demonstrate their use of information literacy to support student learning by applying technology skills to collaborative online writing projects and objective exams.
- Students will apply their understanding of the state standards for teaching profession by completing field experience observations and writing assignments.
- Students will apply their working knowledge of the foundations of the teaching profession through field experience.