SIGMA BETA DELTA – BUSINESS HONOR SOCIETY
The faculty of the business and management department proudly announce the establishment of the Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta - International Honor Society for Business Administration and Management, to students at Vanguard University.
The purpose of Sigma Beta Delta is to promote higher scholarship in education for business and to recognize and reward scholastic achievement in business subjects.
Acceptance into Sigma Beta Delta is by invitation only. It is open to the traditional undergraduate students and students in the school for professional studies. At the start of spring term in each academic year, seniors approved for graduation are automatically considered for membership eligibility.
WHAT MEMBERSHIP MEANS TO STUDENTS
- Lifetime Recognition for Outstanding Academic Achievements: Sigma Beta Delta membership provides recognition for a lifetime. Because the society is recognized for honoring scholastic excellence in business, it is appropriate to include Sigma Beta Delta membership on one’s resume. Employers throughout the country will recognize your academic achievements
- Fellowship Program: Sigma Beta Delta members are eligible to compete for the society’s fellowship awards. The society awards $500 fellowships annually to assist five outstanding student members in continuing their education
- Networking Opportunities: As members graduate and assume important positions in the business community, they provide excellent sources of help and guidance for future employment. The chance for Sigma Beta Delta student and alumni members to network with business professionals places them a step ahead of the employment competition
- Lifetime Contact Through Aspirations Newsletter: The society publishes Aspirations at least annually for distribution to the membership. The newsletter keeps the membership informed of Sigma Beta Delta’s activities and current business issues
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE HONOR SOCIETY, STUDENTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Be an undergraduate student enrolled at Vanguard
- Be approved by the Registrar for participation in the May commencement Vanguard exercises
- Receive a degree offered by the Vanguard department of business and management
- Be in the top 20%, measured by GPA, of the department of business and management graduating class
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25
- Have a minimum major GPA of 3.5
- Complete no less than 1/2 of their degree at Vanguard
- Be of good moral character