Ioana Sandescu is one of the first graduates of the Online Human Trafficking Certificate Program. She studied from Romania where she currently works as the Director of ELiberare. We ask her to share her experience in this program.
Anti-Human Trafficking Certificate
Study the Issues: Anti-Human Trafficking
Develop new skills and build expertise in the area of human trafficking to update your professional profile, broaden your knowledge base, and keep up with the changes in your field.
This Certificate is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of anti-trafficking efforts and promising practices. The courses are aligned with the 4 P’s model of Prevention, Protection, Prosecution, and Partnership adopted by the U.S. Department of State's Office to Combat and Monitor Trafficking in Persons, while including a 5th P: Policy. Taught by practitioner-experts in the subject matter, these 13 courses provide novices and professionals with the knowledge to identify roles, promising practices, and strengthen community efforts to combat all aspects of human trafficking and exploitation.
A 12 unit Anti-Human Trafficking Certificate includes taking four of 13 courses. Two courses, Human Trafficking and Ethics & Human Trafficking, are required. Students then choose two courses from the remaining 11 courses that are offered on a rotational basis. If you have questions about specific courses, please reach out to our admissions office.
Completion of this study program will build a foundation for novices and field practitioners while establishing a baseline of expected knowledge among professionals.
- WJST 442 Faith Based Responses to Human Trafficking 3 units
- WJST 345 Human Trafficking 3 units (required)
- WJST 430 Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children 3 units
- WJST 432 Sex Trafficking 3 units
- WJST 434 Human Trafficking and Demand 3 units
- WJST 435 Human Trafficking Aftercare 3 units
- WJST 437 Human Trafficking and Collaboration 3 units
- WJST 439 Human Trafficking Prevention 3 units
- WJST 440 Ethics and Human Trafficking 3 units (required)
- WJST 444 Human Trafficking Investigations 3 units
- WJST 445 Labor Trafficking 3 units
- WJST 447 Human Trafficking & Smuggling of Migrants 3 units
- WJST 449 Human Trafficking Grant Management 3 units
School for Professional Studies - Admission Office:
This Certificate will establish a baseline of knowledge for professional and students from many disciplines. The literature supports a best practice multidisciplinary team approach to all aspects of anti-human trafficking. For professionals, earning this certificate will provide a strong foundation to bring existing expertise to the table in ways that expand our community and value your unique contribution. Completing the certificate demonstrates commitment and a clear knowledge base. We believe that it will validate your achievement and improve your opportunities for advancement.
PhD, RN, Director of the Global Center for Women and Justice