Master of Arts in Theology
The MA in Theology enhances a students’ understanding of biblically-informed faith by providing a firm foundation in systematic theology, biblical studies, and applied theology. This degree prepares students for ministry in the Church and can serve as a strong academic platform for post-graduate studies.
Learn how to:
- Engage in theological reflection by examining classical topics in light of their historical developments and contextual challenges.
- Interpret Scripture and develop a strong biblical theology.
- Apply theology through the study of ethics, leadership and ministry in various contexts.
Formats & Schedules
The Master of Arts in Theology program is year-round with courses offered during the spring, summer, and fall semesters. Vanguard University offers this world-class MA in two formats. Both are taught by the same top-ranked faculty using the same core curriculum, and both are designed for working adults. Students can choose from the following:
1. Traditional Format (classes on campus). Students enroll in two 8-week classes (3 units each) one night a week throughout the semester with one Saturday session per course.
2. Online Format (live-online). Students enroll in two 8-week classes (3 units each) one night a week throughout the semester with one Saturday session per course. Students engage in a variety of online learning activities, including extensive reading and reflection, a live online format with faculty and other students, threaded discussions, and independent research.
COST PER UNIT
LENGTH OF PROGRAM
Fall, Spring & Summer
*Tuition is based on the 2022/2023 academic year and is subject to change.
*Ministerial and affiliate partner tuition-discounts available