Our MSN program offers a dual track for the baccalaureate prepared nurse, emphasizing the application of theoretical knowledge in the development of Nursing Education and Leadership competencies. We combine the benefits of a cohort model and faculty mentoring in combination with a hybrid curriculum and the convenience of online learning.
Since launching our program in 2012, we have been a center of excellence in Christian Nursing Education, committed to promoting a culture of compassion. Our graduate nurse educators, leaders, and researchers are prepared for advanced roles in both clinical and academic settings and are making a difference in their communities and in the overall trajectory of healthcare.
1. Demonstrate advanced performance in critical thinking and clinical reasoning in the role of the nurse leader and educator through a faith-based nursing education.
2. Promote character development and spirituality through the integration of truth, virtue and service.
3. Develop professionalism as a patient advocate, nurse educator, and leader.
4. Synthesize evidence-based practice to promote optimal outcomes in select groups and populations.
5. Advocate for policy changes that enhance the care of diverse patients in complex healthcare systems.
6. Evaluate the use of technologies, as a nurse leader and educator, to improve and enhance healthcare outcomes.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Advocate for health policy changes that enhance population health and promote professional nursing practice.
2. Utilize emerging technologies to provide credible health information to clients, nurses, and students.
3. Perform assessments focusing on physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of culturally diverse individuals.
4. Develop curriculum/teaching plan.
5. Support legal and ethical guidelines in all aspects of nursing practice.
6. Develop a thesis project using research, critical thinking, and evidence-based practice principles.
7. Prepare to assume a senior leadership/management position and/or the role of educator in a health care agency or college setting.
8. Integrate faith and lifelong learning in personal and professional life.
View program requirements in the Academic Catalog.
Total Units: 38-41
Cost Per Unit: $675*
Length of Program: 2 years
Start Terms: Spring, Fall
Emphasis in Education & Leadership
*Tuition is based on the 2021/2022 academic year and is subject to change.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and master’s degree program in nursing at Vanguard University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001,202-887-6791.