Master of Arts in Leadership Studies
The Academic Program of the M.A.L.S.
The curriculum is composed of 8 required Leadership courses (24 units), 3 concentration courses (9 units), and 1 capstone project course (3 units). This brings the program to a total of 36 units.
Course Requirements 36 units
The required courses develop a theological and theoretical framework for understanding leadership, mission and culture, and ethics in order to reflect theologically on what it means to be in authentic community and to examine the impact of mission in the community. The research course provides practical opportunity for students to learn how to conduct inquiry through a variety of methods that will be used in coursework and in the final capstone project.
- CLSG 632 - Team Development and Conflict Management (3 units)
- CLSG 638 - Leadership and Global Issues (3 units)
- CLSG 642 - Soul Care of Others (3 units)
- CLSG 646 - Leadership and Character Development (3 units)
- CLSG 710 - Mission and Culture in Theological Perspective (3 units)
- CLSG 715 - The Church and Contemporary Moral Issues (3 units)
- CLSG 720 - Theology and Theory of Leadership (3 credits)
- RELG 788 - Research Methodology: Leadership Studies (3 units)
COST PER UNIT
LENGTH OF PROGRAM
Fall, Spring & Summer
*Tuition is based on the 2020/2021 academic year and is subject to change.