The Master of Arts in Leadership Studies exists to inspire transformational leaders to serve their organizations, churches, and nonprofits within the global community. Integrating the best practices of real-world leadership with theology, culture, ethics, and spirituality, students engage in a learning community that develops critical thinking, collaborative participation, and the cultivation of long-standing networks.
- Leadership Practices: Apply leadership theory, a theological framework, and critical thinking skills in order to creatively impact organizations and their environments.
- Intercultural Competence: Apply the intercultural and communication skills necessary to lead in partnership with people of other cultures and contexts.
- Ethical Decision-Making: Analyze and apply tools of ethical reasoning and decision making to ethical dilemmas in specific contexts of leadership, life, and ministry.
- Spirituality: Formulate and present a theological framework of spirituality in relation to character development and the soul care of leadership.
Vanguard University offers this world-class MA in two formats. Both are taught by the same top-ranked faculty using the same core curriculum, and both are designed for working adults. Students can choose from the following:
1. Traditional Format (classes on campus). Students enroll in two 8-week classes (3 units each) one night a week throughout the semester (currently offered on Thursday nights, 6-10 p.m.); and a 1-unit Saturday class.
2. Online Format. Students enroll in 7 units each semester and engage in a variety of online learning activities, including extensive reading and reflection, a live online format with faculty and other students, threaded discussions, and independent research.