This degree fulfills all academic requirements for licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist as set forth by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. You can see our most recent pass rates for the licensing exams on the BBS website.
- Add five units and a few more practicum hours, and graduates also meet all academic requirements for licensure as a Professional Clinical Counselor in California.
Exit Project required in place of a thesis.
- Clinical interests developed through training in a variety of agencies.
- Clinical training and fieldwork experience equips students to work and minister effectively within a variety of settings.
- Students in Orange County have the opportunity to complete their practicum placement at the Journeys at Vanguard counseling center located at our Santa Ana campus.
- Specific training in clinical conceptualization.
- Required personal therapy concurrent with course work benefits the student by giving them the opportunity to be engaged in the therapeutic process as a client.
- Clinical class sizes are limited to 15 and practicum class sizes are limited to 8.
- Full-time students receive a degree in 3 years (7-8 semesters) or 2 years (5 semesters).
- Track options that include full or part-time (2-4 years), on campus or online, as well as evening only.
Late afternoon and evening classes.
Note: On campus and Online tracks are separate and students on each track are guaranteed priority registration in their format. Registration across formats is only possible when space is available.
- Mentoring and individual attention from faculty and staff.
- Emphasis placed on integration of Christianity and psychology.
- Environment that facilitates development of a cohesive and supportive community.
- Faculty are licensed professionals working in their areas of expertise who are committed to Christian integration in academic excellence, community, and guiding students.