The mission of Vanguard University is to pursue knowledge, cultivate character, deepen faith, and equip each student for a Spirit-empowered life of Christ-centered leadership and service.
TRUTH: We pursue truth by knowing Christ who is Truth
As members of the Vanguard community we strive to...
- pursue truth by understanding the Word of God and by knowing Christ, who is Truth;
- develop critical and creative thinking skills for careful, reasoned, and independent analysis of competing ideas;
- engage in scholarship with integrity and excellence; and
- explore, participate in, and contribute to our cultural, intellectual, and spiritual heritage
VIRTUE: We honor God by committing ourselves to the person and model of Jesus Christ
As members of the Vanguard community we endeavor to...
- honor God and commit ourselves to the person and model of Jesus Christ;
- develop personal integrity and character by applying biblical values to our lives;
- understand and accept the responsibilities of living in a free society; and
- transcend the limitations and errors of the prevailing culture; and through a wholeness of vision, choose and hold a path for a righteous life.
SERVICE: We develop our talents to their potential and discern God's purpose for our lives
As members of the Vanguard community we work to...
- develop our talents to their potential and discern God's purpose for our lives;
- strengthen the skills necessary for effective communication of ideas and for a productive place in society;
- prepare students for diverse vocations, graduate programs, and leadership roles; and
- exercise civic responsibility, respect cultural and individual differences, and care for others.
As a Christian comprehensive university of liberal arts and sciences, informed by its evangelical persuasion and Pentecostal heritage, Vanguard University affirms the following confession of faith. We believe:
- The Bible to be the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in his virgin birth, in his sinless life, in his miracles, in his vicarious and atoning death, in his bodily resurrection, in his ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in his personal, future return to this earth in power and glory to rule over the nations.
- That the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ.
- That regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
- That the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer.
- That the baptism in the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it.
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.
Vanguard University will become a nationally recognized leader in Christian higher education by cultivating academic excellence, character development and global perspective as seeds of greatness in the life of every student.
Our Unique Contribution to Higher Education.
- Promoting academic excellence that integrates faith and life
- Providing professor-mentors in a dynamic community environment
- Cultivating the Spirit-empowered life in Christian experience and service