Community College Veteran students have the option to cross-enroll in Vanguard University’s School for Professional Studies (SPS) program. Cross-enrolling allows students the opportunity to add General Education courses during gap periods at the Community College to minimize a reduction in BAH pay during these gaps.

What do I need to do?

Step One

Know what General Education or Elective courses you need to fulfill Transfer or AA requirements from your Community College. Schedule an appointment with the Academic and/or Veterans Counselor for assistance.

Step Two

Complete the SPS application. The application fee is waived for Community College Veteran Students.

  • On the application, please select Student at Large in the drop down box for ‘Program of Study’.
  • Remember to mark Veteran status on the application.

Step Three

An Education Counselor will contact you to discuss course availability and schedule an admission’s appointment to enroll.

The appointment will include a meeting with VU’s Certifying Official to submit necessary paperwork. Students are responsible for course approval at their Community College. Course descriptions may be found at

Step Four

Take your approved PS course information to the Community College Certifying Official and request a Parent School Letter. Your Community College College should be listed as Primary, Vanguard University Secondary.

Submit completed Parent School Letter to VU’s Certifying Official – Scott Center 222. P. 714.668.6690


Contact Adam Bansmer, Traditional Admissions Counselor 714-966-5405
Contact Chris Kupitz, PS Education Counselor at 714.668.6113

CLICK HERE If cross-enrolling from Vanguard University’s Traditional Undergraduate Program to the School for Graduate and Professional Studies