Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC)
If you are a California Community College Transfer, the CSU track of IGETC is accepted by Vanguard University with the following provisions:
- Areas 1 through 5 of the CSU pattern with the following exceptions:
- Area 4: only 6 units required in 2 different disciplines
- Area 5: only 1 class in group A or B is required, but it must include a corresponding lab
- U.S. History or U.S. Government is required
- In addition to the courses included in the IGETC, transfer students to VUSC will be required to take additional Core Curriculum coursework:
- 15 units of Religion (May NOT be taken at Community College)
- 3 units of a Multicultural Exposure course (May be taken at Community College)
- 2 units of Fitness/Wellness course (1 unit lecture connected to a 1 unit lab; may be taken at Community College)
- Completion of IGETC is not required for transferring to VUSC.
- A maximum of 70 units may be transferred.
- Only students who are not currently enrolled, and who have not previously enrolled at VUSC (or SCC) may use the IGETC program to meet the Core Curriculum Requirements at VUSC.