- Early Action Deadline: December 1 – For top academic scholarship consideration and application decision by January 15
- Priority Deadline: January 15 – For top academic scholarship consideration and application decision by March 2
- Regular Decision Deadline: March 2 – For regular scholarship consideration and application decision within four weeks
- Rolling Admission Deadline: August 1 – For regular scholarship consideration and application decision upon receipt of supporting documentation
- Regular Decision Deadline: December 1 – For regular scholarship consideration and application decision within four weeks
How to Apply
Traditional undergraduate students only. Carefully select link as application is specific to term.
- Submit the online application for fall 2017
- Submit the online application for spring 2017
- Download a PDF application
- $45 non-refundable application fee
- Official high school or GED transcript (all freshman and transfer applicants)
- Official college transcript(s) (applicants who have completed college coursework)
- Official SAT or ACT test scores (all freshman applicants). SAT school code 4701 and ACT school code 0432.
- Download a PDF Transcript Request Form to give to your school counselor, advisor or registrar
- Download a PDF Pastoral Reference to give to your pastor
- The required Christian Experience Statement prompt is listed below. Limit your typed response to 500 words. Statement will be evaluated on content, grammar and spelling. Include your full name. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior? Describe how you came to know Christ and explain how your relationship with Him, the church and ministry activities impact your daily life and morality, and how these experiences will strengthen the Vanguard community.
- Contact your admissions counselor
Please complete the online application. Additional documentation is needed from international student applicants. Please click here for a list of documentation and deadlines.
Former VU students interrupting their educational program by not registering in any subsequent spring or fall semester must submit an Abbreviated Application to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. If the length of absence exceeds two consecutive semesters, the student will be required to meet any new graduation requirements which may be in effect at the time of re-admission. Students who have completed twenty-four (24) units at VU and have formerly declared a major, after being out of attendance for no more than two consecutive semesters, may return finding that the requirements have not changed.
Students at Large
A Student at Large is a non-degree seeking, part-time (limit 6 units per semester) student. Students at Large are not eligible for financial aid. Students at Large must submit an Abbreviated Application (with a $15.00 application fee) and an Add/Drop or Summer Registration form to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. The application and forms may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 714.966.5471.