Triple Threat Scholarship
for Musical Theatre Concentration Majors
Priority Deadline: March 1
Final Deadline: May 1
Vanguard University commits to providing a renewable financial aid package that covers up to full tuition with institutional aid and state and federal grants. Five awards available per academic year.
- Application and acceptance to Vanguard University
- Completed FAFSA
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Musical Theatre Concentration Major Declaration
- 32 bars of a Broadway song or ballad
- Demonstrate full vocal range
- Demonstrate adherence to pitch and tempo
- Two contrasting one to two-minute monologues
- Drama / Comedy OR Contemporary / Classical
- 30-seconds to one-minute choreographed dance piece
( A Bluetooth speaker will be available to play recorded music from and iPod or similar mp3 playing device. ).
A VU theatre majors who are eligible may receive a $1,000 scholarship award per academic year. This award is connected with their participation in one production assignment each semester. In addition, qualified students may receive additional awards in connection with a variety of production functions, such as stage management, properties master or choreography.
Each year, 2-3 shows are entered in the prestigious Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival. These shows are adjudicated to determine the show’s potential competition in the regional festival, and for individual student talent as candidates to compete for the Irene Ryan award, which is the highest national acting scholarship award for college students. Student designers and stage managers are also considered for top KCACTF awards.