What is the Teacher Advancement Program (TAP)?

Vanguard University’s Teacher Advancement Program (TAP) provides teachers with graduate level continuing education to improve professional practice. Our courses are designed to build new knowledge, develop teaching skills, and increase teacher effectiveness. Course content meets the needs and interests of adult learners and the working professional.

What is College Credit Connection (CCC)?

College Credit Connection (CCC) works with Vanguard University to offer professional development courses. CCC collaborates with ASCD, Annenberg Learner, and PDE to offer a wide variety of courses in six different learning formats.

Why should I take VU TAP courses?

TAP courses provide teachers with tools and resources to manage the classroom setting and engage all students. A wide variety of courses are available for those seeking professional development. Additionally, these courses may qualify you for salary advancement in your district.

How do I enroll?

To enroll for a course, first register on www.collegecreditconnection.com. Next select the course you are interested in and click Enroll. Once you have a login with CCC, you will be able to enroll in any course.

What classes are available?

Courses begin at various times throughout the semester. Please go to Course Schedule to see what is beginning in your area.

I have not yet received my transcript?

Unofficial transcripts will be electronically sent to the e-mail address provided at the time of registration. Please allow approximately 2-4 weeks after the course has ended to receive your unofficial transcript. If your class ended more than six weeks ago please contact our office for additional assistance.

I don’t see the class I just took on my transcript?

As Vanguard University is collaborating with CCC to offer TAP courses, there is a 2 week processing period in order for Vanguard to receive grades. If you are requesting an official transcript through the Office of the Registrar, please allow at least 2-4 weeks for your grade to appear on your transcript once you have completed a course.

What is the cost of an official transcript?

Vanguard University will e-mail an unofficial transcript after the completion of each course at no charge.  Students may request an Official Transcript through the Registrar’s Office at Vanguard University of Southern California. There is a fee of $8.00 per transcript copy. If a RUSH transcript request is received, the student will be charged the additional RUSH processing fee of $25 even if no grade is on file and the student has indicated to hold for that grade.

I need my transcript right away for my school district. What do I do?

Your course grade may take 2-4 weeks to be received by Vanguard University. If you have received an unofficial transcript from Vanguard University with your grade showing, we are able to process your RUSH request with that course reflected on your official transcript pending you have completed our online transcript request and your payment is processed.

What is the cost of TAP courses?

The cost for each TAP course varies by class. Please refer to the individual course descriptions for each course on the CCC website.

How do I pay for the course?

Payment is due at enrollment. Please provide payment by credit card for speedy processing.

What is considered a half-time student for TAP?

TAP students who take at least 6 units within a semester period are considered to be Half-Time Students at Vanguard University.

I am a private or community college instructor, can I take these courses?

TAP courses are open to all teachers with a Bachelor’s Degree. Please check with your employer as a valid California Teaching Credential may be required in order to advance on the salary scale.

Can anyone take these classes? (Are there any prerequisites?)

TAP courses are open to all teachers who have a Bachelor’s degree and who are seeking to further their knowledge for classroom practices.

Can I enroll online?

With Vanguard University’s partnership with CCC, it is now possible to register and pay for courses online. Once you have found a course that interests you, simply click the Enroll button for that course and fill in the appropriate information.

Can I access my information online?

To view your TAP student record, please logon to the CCC website (https://www.collegecreditconnection.com/ccc/Home.aspx). If you are having difficulties logging on, please contact CCC.

Can I take more than one class at a time?

CCC’s specific guidelines regarding the number of enrollment credits allowed per semester is a maximum of 15 credits during the Fall, Winter, and Spring semesters. The limit is 18 Credits during the Summer (or Off-Track) Semester. To exceed the credit limit, please write to admin@collegecreditconnection.com.