“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” -Acts 1:8
We’d love for your to connect in the following outreach efforts:
- Tutoring: The simple act of tutoring a youth can have a huge impact on their life. Opportunities are available each week day in the afternoons and early evenings.
- Food Bank: There are over 400,000 people in Orange County that don’t know where their next meal will come from. Working with the Second Harvest Food Bank, w opportnities include packaging and distribution, harevesting from the Edible Garden, and helping children serve at Izzy’s Corner.
- Homelessness: Working with local churches and our city to meet the needs of our neighbors currently experiencing homelessness is a vital effort. Opportunities include running the check-in center (storage facility), Saturday mornings (food, showers and laundry provided), and administrative help for this initiative.
- Senior Citizen Ministry: Very close to Vanguard we have many wise neighbors that would love a visit. Loving to play Bingo, the Wii, card games or simply talking are easy ways for you to connect. Vanguard also throws a “Senior Prom” in the Spring semester that we need help with. Opportunities are very flexible and available any day of the week.
- Mentoring: Want to invest in the life of a local Costa Mesa Youth? We have plenty of opportunities for you to mentor a youth on a weekly basis. Training is provided and scheduling is flexible .
- Foster & Adoption Care Support: There are many local families that have chosen to open their homes and foster or adopt a child. Working alongside organizations that provide continual support and training for these families, we have a great opportunity to bless these families through free babysitting, doing yard or house work, and many more simple acts.
YES! I want to sign up or get more information. What’s next?
- Complete the registration form here!
- A student leader from the Outreach Office will contact you about when and where to go next.
- Like us on Facebook and Instagram for current updates on our ministries.
Feel free to contact us anytime at email@example.com.