“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” -Acts 1:8
As followers of Christ, we are called to preach the good news of the Kingdom of God which does not begin with the ends of the earth but, rather, is rooted in Jerusalem. Through Local Outreach, we strive to grow into a lifestyle of intentional perpetual service at home, in our own Jerusalem. For Vanguard, we desire to be good neighbors in Costa Mesa and the surrounding areas in Orange County loving and investing in our community.
We’d love for your to connect in the following outreach efforts:
- Tutoring: The simple act of tutoring a youth can have a huge impact on their life. Opportunities are available each week day in the afternoons and early evenings.
- Food Bank: There are over 400,000 people in Orange County that don’t know where their next meal will come from. Working with the Second Harvest Food Bank, w opportnities include packaging and distribution, harevesting from the Edible Garden, and helping children serve at Izzy’s Corner.
- Homelessness: Working with local churches and our city to meet the needs of our neighbors currently experiencing homelessness is a vital effort. Opportunities include running the check-in center (storage facility), Saturday mornings (food, showers and laundry provided), and administrative help for this initiative.
- Senior Citizen Ministry: Very close to Vanguard we have many wise neighbors that would love a visit. Loving to play Bingo, the Wii, card games or simply talking are easy ways for you to connect. Vanguard also throws a “Senior Prom” in the Spring semester that we need help with. Opportunities are very flexible and available any day of the week.
- Mentoring: Want to invest in the life of a local Costa Mesa Youth? We have plenty of opportunities for you to mentor a youth on a weekly basis. Training is provided and scheduling is flexible .
- Foster & Adoption Care Support: There are many local families that have chosen to open their homes and foster or adopt a child. Working alongside organizations that provide continual support and training for these families, we have a great opportunity to bless these families through free babysitting, doing yard or house work, and many more simple acts.
YES! I want to sign up or get more information. What’s next?
- Complete the registration form here!
- A student leader from the Outreach Office will contact you about when and where to go next.
- Like us on Facebook and Instagram for current updates on our ministries.
Feel free to contact us anytime at email@example.com.