“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” -Acts 1:8
- Hands Across the Border (HATB): Each year, a group of students travels to Mexico, spending their Spring break in various acts of ministry. This year, we will be returning to Ensenada, Mexico to continue our partnership with Tres Las Palmas and Casa Esperanza. We have various student teams that focus on one area all week: women’s ministry, kid’s ministry, youth rehab facility, construction and orphanage. March 12-19, 2016, $500
- San Francisco Outreach (SFO): Another annual trip, is SFO where students spend their break focused on inner city ministry in the heart of San Francisco. Focusing on homelessness, human trafficking and addiction, this team partners with City Impact and other groups from around the country to love on those in some of the most needy neighborhoods. March 14-19, 2016, $500
- Westside Plunge: Working with MIKA Community Development Corporation, students will have the opportunity to dive into the amazing ministry taking place in Costa Mesa. Students will be in homestays and volunteer with youth and adult programs throughout the week. March 12-19, 2016, Cost: TBD
Summer Break 2015:
- Philippines: Our students from athletics and music will have the opportunity to volunteer in the Philippines with Kid’s Internation Ministries and local churches. These team will be sports ministry, music ministry, feeding, assisting in a local orphanage among many other opportunities.
- Uganda: Students will be partnering with Impact Ministries Uganda in providing support to the local schools, orphanage, radio ministry and clinics. This opportunity is designed to be a Summer of Service opportunity – see more details below.
- Argentina: This team is made up of our guitar ensemble and will be partnering with the Universidad Nacional de San Juan in Argentina where they will be provide ministry through music to students, churches, and other local outreach opportunities.
- Northern Ireland: VU students will be returning to partner with Cornerstone City Church and I Heart Derry in Derry, Northern Ireland. During their time they will participate in beautification projects, youth ministry, church support, VBS, community service projects, street pastoring and much more.
Summer of Service (SOS):
For the last several years, Global Outreach has had the privilege of challenging students to take part in more than the traditional 2-3 week trip. The SOS program offers ministry opportunities that are the perfect next step for those who have been on a Vanguard short term mission trip. If you desire to serve the Lord for an entire summer, we encourage you to come talk to us and see where God may lead you. Some of the locations students have done SOS in include Tanzania, Kenya, Philippines, Uganda, India, and parts of Asia.
One of the special things about Vanguard is the number of Missionary Kids (MKs) that come here for their formal education. While this can be exciting for our campus, we realize the unique challenges associated with that. If you are an MK, we would love to connect you to the ongoing activities and events that we have scheduled this year just for you. Let us get to know you by completing this quick form.