“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” -Acts 1:8
- South Carolina: This year, VU will take a team of 15 to John Island, South Carolina to partner with Habitat for Humanity. The week will be spent working on a home build for a deserving family and alongside other great volunteers.
Dates: January 4-11 (If not in Orange County, need to be in town by January 3)
Cost: $1400 (Covers travel, lodging, food, and all ministry costs)
- Hands Across the Border (HATB): Each year, a group of students travels to Mexico, spending their Spring break in various acts of ministry. This year, we will be returning to Ensenada, Mexico. We have various student teams that focus on one area all week: VBS, women’s shelter, adult rehab facility, orphanage and a construction team.
March 14-21, 2015, $500
- San Francisco Outreach (SFO): Another annual trip, is SFO where students spend their break focused on inner city ministry in the heart of San Francisco. Focusing on homelessness, human trafficking and addiction, this team partners with a variety of ministries throughout the week.
March 14-21, 2015, $500
- Westside Plunge: Working with MIKA Community Development Corporation, students will have the opportunity to dive into the amazing ministry taking place in Costa Mesa. Students will be in homestays and volunteer with youth and adult programs throughout the week.
March 14-21, 2015, Cost: TBD
- Philippines (Athletics): Our student athletes will have the opportunity to volunteer in the Philippines with Kid’s Internation Ministries. The team will be sports ministry, feeding, assisting in a local orphanage among many other opportunities.
Tentative Dates: May 27-June 10, 2015
- Tanzania: This team will be working with VU alums in Moshi, Tanzania. During their two weeks, they will be ministry to children in schools and orphanages, have opportunities to teach and share at local churches, and support many of the amazing ministries through Global Effect.
Tentative Dates: June 1-15, 2015
- Peru: This team will be working with AGWM in Lima, Iquitos, and Cusco while there for two weeks. During that time, the team will be participating in laguage school, youth ministry and church support.
Tentative Dates: June 14-27, 2015
- Philippines: Returning to the Philippines to work with AGWM, Tom and Connie Bohnert, this team will be spending two weeks in sports ministry, contruction projects, VBS programs and more.
Tentative Dates: June 15-25, 2015
- Northern Ireland: VU students will be returning to partner with I Heart Derry in Derry, Northern Ireland. During their time they will participate in beautification projects, youth ministry, church support, VBS, community service projects, street pastoring and much more.
Tentative Dates: July 1-15, 2015
Summer of Service (SOS):
For the last several years, Global Outreach has had the privilege of challenging students to take part in more than the traditional 2-3 week trip. The SOS program offers ministry opportunities that are the perfect next step for those who have been on a Vanguard short term mission trip. If you desire to serve the Lord for an entire summer, we encourage you to come talk to us and see where God may lead you. Some of the locations students have done SOS in include Tanzania, Kenya, Philippines, India, and parts of Asia.
One of the special things about Vanguard is the number of Missionary Kids (MKs) that come here for their formal education. While this can be exciting for our campus, we realize the unique challenges associated with that. If you are an MK, we would love to connect you to the ongoing activities and events that we have scheduled this year just for you.
If you want to apply to be a part of one of the trips above, please complete the Student Application. Upon receipt, you’ll be scheduled for an interview and recieve the next steps.