RN to BSN Admission Requirements
- Complete and submit the Online Application.
- Preferred overall GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0) – official transcripts required for verification.
- Only courses receiving a grade of “C” or higher will be transferred for nursing majors.
- Order official transcripts (sealed) from each college or university previously attended, regardless of credit granted or academic performance. Check with the Registrar from each institution for the appropriate transcript fee. Official transcripts from all institutions attended since high school must be sent to Vanguard University, regardless of completion of courses.
- Order official transcript from your high school or request an official copy of your GED.
- Submit one personal reference and two professional references. One professional reference must be from your supervisor.
- Applicant’s Statement of Purpose – a two-page typed document stating your purpose for pursuing higher education in nursing, your goals and aspirations in your nursing career, your nursing philosophy, and why you chose nursing as a profession.
- Verification of valid California RN License
- Verification of current certification in CPR
- One year work experience – recommended, but not required
- Sign the Background Check Policy click here and request a Background Check online go to https://vanguard.applicantcompliance.com/.
- Apply promptly for any financial assistance needed. FAFSA, Alternative Loans, etc.
- Fill out the Financial Aid forms for PS.
- Personal interview with nursing coordinator following the receipt of all admission documents.
*Additional requirements will be needed for NURS 420 Community Health Nursing.
All applicants meeting the above-stated admission requirements will be considered by the Admission Committee. During the admission process, students will be informed of remaining requirements accompanied by a recommendation as to when and where the requirements may be completed.
The Admission Deadline for each cohort/group is two weeks prior to the orientation date.