1. What are the Professional Studies programs?
-Early Childhood Education and General Education classes are fully online and each class is 8 weeks long.
2. How often does a new cohort begin?
General education and elective courses begin every five weeks.
3. How many units do I need to begin a cohort?
You can start your upper division coursework when you have completed 57 units. It is strongly recommended that students complete their General Education coursework prior to beginning their cohort. For the RN to BSN program, students must hold a current RN License from California except for the dual enrollment application who can sit for their N-Clex while in the program.
4. Do I have to finish my general education prior to transferring into the Professional Studies programs?
No. Students may transfer into the Professional Studies programs with any amount of units. An Admissions Counselor will meet with you and do a complimentary evaluation of your transcripts to see what classes you need to graduate. We offer general education and elective courses both online and in a classroom setting.
5. Can I test out of general education units?
Yes. The CLEP and DANTES exam may be taken for a maximum of 24 units. Exams taken must not be duplicates of any courses taken. Duplicate units will not be transferred in.
6. What day and time are courses offered?
Early Childhood Education and some General Education courses are offered online.
7. How much is tuition?
$485/unit for Early Childhood Education Upper Division courses
8. Is Financial Aid available?
Yes. Financial Aid is offered through the FAFSA application. Please see the Financial Aid website for further information.
9. Are scholarships and discounts available for Professional Studies students?
10. Do I need work experience to be eligible for the Professional Studies programs?
Work experience is preferred, but not required for all Professional Studies Programs. Students with less than 5 years work experience applying to the Business program or less than three years work experience applying to the Religion program will be required to write an additional essay as part of the admissions requirements. Nursing students have a preferred 1 year work experience requirement in the field of nursing.
11. When is the Priority deadline?
Students are encouraged to apply at any time as classes start every five weeks. The priority application deadline is three weeks prior to a class start.