Welcome to the Career Center. Let us empower and equip you to discover your interests, values, and abilities in order to transition into meaningful life work. We are here to provide relevant resources, avenues for exploration and experienced career coaching.
Services We Offer
- Career Coaching: Career and major exploration, personality assessments including Myers-Briggs & Strong’s Interest Inventory, StrengthsQuest, and Keirsey Temperament Sorter
- Finding a Job: A little preparation goes a long way with a wealth of information you can use in your job search.
- Finding an Internship: gain related work experience and improved job skills
- Resume: Resume building and cover letter strategy
- Interview Skills: Keys to a successful interview
- Job Listings: local job listings just for Vanguard students
- Career Links: Information on career choices and other major-specific resources, including websites you may find helpful.
- Events: Career fair; graduate school and seminary fair; camp and ministry fair; networking sessions with employers; specialized workshops exploring your faith and your career path
- Graduate School: Help finding the right school and practice entrance exam opportunities
- School District Directory: Download the directory has contact information for the counties of Orange, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside and San Diego
- Study Abroad Programs: Study abroad and earn units for your coursework.
- Millers Analogies Testing (MAT): Offered Tuesdays and Thursdays. Call (714)556-3610 x4770 for an appointment.
- Employers: Post a job listing for Vanguard University students.
Hassan Archer, Interim Coordinator of Career Services, x4788 or CareerIntern@vanguard.edu
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Thursday: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Tuesday Drop-In Hours: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Résumé Drop-In Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Drop by for assistance from our graduate intern with your résumé or cover letter. This is a great opportunity to get started on your résumé or to improve the one you have already started.