Basic Transfer Rules for
Traditional Undergraduate Current Students
1. 24 of the last 30 units of a student’s degree must be taken at VU.
2. A maximum of 70 units may be transferred from a Community College.
3. A maximum of 2 lower division (100 or 200 level) courses may be used to “meet” upper division (300 or 400 level) requirements within the student’s major. Though they may be used to meet requirements, they do not count towards the 40 upper division units needed to graduate.
4. Community College courses are considered lower division (100 or 200 level), so they do not count toward the 40 Upper Division Units needed to graduate.
5. A grade of “C-” or higher must be earned in order for a course to transfer.
6. Grades do not transfer into VU, only the units do.
7. Lab science courses must be on-site labs. No online, tv, or distance learning labs will transfer.
*Contact the Office of the Registrar with specific questions.