Accessing Your Academic Evaluation on MyVU
This first section talks about how to bring up your Academic Evaluation in MyVU. The section below covers how to read the audit.
1. Log on to MyVU
2. Click on the “Academic Planning” in the main menu.
3. Click on “Program Evaluation” in the “Academic Planning” menu
4. Select the major. If you are a single major, there will be just one option. If you are a double major, you will need to select one at a time.
Reading the Evaluation
These are a few tips to reading your evaluation
1. The top section displays the number of units you have earned. We have labeled the different columns A through E. See the explanation below.
A. Theses are University requirements for a Bachelor’s degree. The minimum number taken at Vanguard (Institutional Units) is 24, the minimum GPA is 2.0 and the minimum number of total units is 124 (your major may require more than that).
B. This is the number of units you have earned. If you have not received a grade for the class, it won’t be included here.
C. This is how many units you need to meet the University Minimum given what you have earned. (Remember your major may require more than the 124 unit minimum.)
D. This is your current enrollment. Our example student is registered in 3 units.
E. This is how many units you will need to meet the University Minimum after you complete all the units in the “Anticipated Additional” column. (Remember your major may require more than the 124 unit minimum.)
2. There are four class statuses you will see next to course requirements. The first is Not started. This requirement has not been started.
3. The next status is Pending completion of unfinished activity. This means you are registered in a course that will complete the requirement.
4. Another status you will see is In progress. this means you have complete some of the requirements, but not all. In our example, the student has taken Soc-100C and still needs a class to complete the Social Science requirement.
5. The last status is Completed. This means you have completed that requirement.