Vanguard University is accredited by:
- The WASC Senior College and University Commission (formerly called the Western Association of Schools and Colleges).
- For information on Vanguard’s current accreditation status, please click here for the WASC website.
- Vanguard University is also accredited by the Alliance for Assemblies of God Higher Education (AAGHE).
The following Vanguard University programs are accredited by:
- The Teacher Education Program is accredited by the California Commission on Teach Credentialing (CCTC), and was the first university in the state to have its accreditation reaffirmed under the new criteria of SB2042.
- The Theatre Arts Program is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Theater (NAST)
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program at Vanguard is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program at Vanguard is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- The Early Childhood Education program is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation).
Vanguard University is a member of:
- The National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU)
- The Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities (AICCU)
- The Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU)
- The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), (Associate Membership)
- The Association of Governing Boards (AGB)
- The America Council on Education (ACE)