- A clear and current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California. A copy of the RN license must be submitted in the admission packet.
- An earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. The baccalaureate degree can be in nursing or in another discipline.
- One year of experience as a Registered Nurse in the last 10 years.
- A minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in all baccalaureate course work.
- Completion of Introduction to Statistical Methods (PSYD 265) or comparable approved statistics course. Students may be permitted to complete the course in the first semester of the program.
- Completion of the Vanguard University application with all supporting documents in one envelope to the Graduate Admissions Office.
- After submission of your complete application, an interview with the MSN Student Coordinator or Director of Nursing.
The following items must be submitted after acceptance to the MS in Nursing Program:
- Background Check
- Malpractice Insurance – Each student must have basic malpractice insurance($1 million/$3 million) before the beginning of the first practicum. This will occur during the third semester of the MSN program.