For whom is the MS in Nursing designed?
The MS in Nursing is for Registered Nurses who are licensed to practice in the State of CA; who possess a bachelor’s degree; and who want to advance their careers by preparing themselves to be health educators, college faculty, or leaders.
Why pursue your MSN at Vanguard?
- A MSN is essential to promote the profession of nursing.
- The degree provides additional career opportunities in academia and in management.
- Research has also identified a strong correlation between the level of nurses’ education and improved patient outcomes.
- This MSN also prepares nurses to pursue doctoral studies.
- The Vanguard University community offers small classes and individualized attention by expert faculty.
- Vanguard’s Nursing Program has an excellent reputation and vital connections in the southern California nursing community.
How long will it take me to finish?
It will take two years, or six (6) semesters. However, students have the option of taking smaller course loads and finishing in three to four years.
When and how long will I be in class?
Classes meet one night a week, from 6 to 10 p.m. with occasional Saturday meetings and structured online activites. Each class is five (5) weeks long. Students take three classes a semester and nine classes a year. Two of the nine classes per year are offered online.
How much time will need to be devoted to practicum experiences?
In both the summer semesters, students are required to complete 55 hours of practicum experiences in addition to seminar sessions. These practica will take place in management and education settings. They may be completed at your work site outside of your work hours.