- American Public Health Association
- Consumer Information Center
Provides full text of government publications about nutrition and health.
- Digestive Diseases
Information about treatments, symptoms, and causes of many digestive diseases from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases..
- Doctor’s Guide to the Internet
Sections that provide information on conditions and illnesses, plus news articles.
- Disorders, Diseases, and Related Topics
From Sweden’s Karolinska Institute Library. Provides many links to Web sites related to diseases, heath conditions, and disorders.
- Hardin Meta Directory of Internet Sources
List of directories for health subjects.
Links to many health-related WWW links.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services links to federal government and consumer health sites.
- HealthWorld Online
- Martindale’s health science guide 2004
- Mayo Health Clinic
Thousands of articles about all aspects of medicine.
- Medical Matrix
Listing with annotations for about 3,000 WWW sites. Categorized by disease.
- Medical World Search
Search engine for medical and health-related sites.
- National Center for Health Statistics
- RXList: The Internet Drug Index
- Cancer Statistics
American Cancer Society site with information on all types of cancer and statistics for 14 types.
Much information about all aspects of cancer.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
Excellent site, with good links and some full-text information.
- All the Virology on the Web
Information about all types of plant and animal viruses and vaccines. Images of viruses are also available.
- Hidden Killers: Deadly Viruses
Describes 13 common viruses–HIV, influenza, hepatitis, measles, polio, ebola and others, and discusses how the body fights these viruses.