- U.S. Department of Education: Topics from A to Z
- ASCI: Association of Christian Schools International organization Directory
- ED-Data – Fiscal, Demographic, and Performance Data on CA K-12 Schools
Demographic data reported to the CA Department of Education; includes location, school demographics, student counts, students by ethnic groups, etc.
- California State Board of Education Content Standards
- Association for Experiential Education
A resource for activity learning. (RW)
- The Awesome Library
An extensive, searchable library of K-12 resources categorized for kids, parents, teachers, librarians.
- Blue Web’n Application Library
Provides a directory of sites for K-12 schools. Good collection of links to sites with lesson plans, etc.
- Tired Teachers Website K-12
Lesson plans and activities. Arranged by subject area.
- Education World: Where Educators Go to Learn
Provides information on lesson plans, curriculums, books in education, special themes, etc. Searchable by keyword. Note the Holidays Center.
- ePALS: Classroom Exchange
Collection of K-12 classrooms that would like to communicate with other students throught chat or e-mail. Currently, about 16,000 classrooms are registered.
- Educational Resources on Asia
Maintained by the UCLA Center for East Asian Studies, this site contains resources and curriculum materials for K-12.
- EdWeb Home Room
Extensive resource for selected education sites. Helps are included for teachers to restructure curriculum and infuse technology across the curriculum. (RW)
- Global Schoolhouse Project
- History/Social Studies for K-12 Teachers
- Kathy Schrock’s Guide for Educators
Excellent resource for useful curriculum links.
- Lesson Plans and Resources for Social Studies Teachers
- Pathways to School Improvement
Products of North Central Regional Educational Library are identified. Typical topics include assessment, at-risk, instruction, parent and family involvement. (RW)
- Rosa Hempill Chemistry and Science Resources for Students and Teachers
Offers numerous resources for locating, writing, and managing grant proposals for K-12.
- The Virtual Schoolhouse at Cisco Educational Archives
Cisco Educational Archives at the University of North Carolina maintains The Virtual Schoolhouse. Excellent resources are available for teachers to learn how to use the Internet.
- Yahoo Education Directory
- Education Policy Analysis Archives
A peer-reviewed journal for articles on educational policy from Arizona State University. Includes archives and abstracts. (RW)
- The Law and Special Education
Provides links to statutes, regulations, and legal information available on the Internet. This site accompanies the author’s textbook on this subject; last updated in January 1998.
- International Dyslexia Association
- National Center for Education Statistics
Some data dates back to 1972; the bulk dates from the 1980s.
- Council on Internal Educational Exchange
Help is given for those seeking information on teaching abroad. (RW)
- Institute for Urban & Minority Education
Extensive sites and resources for those wanting information about teaching in inner-city schools. (RW)
- Council of the Great City Schools
Helps are given for those working in inner-city schools. The periodical Urban Educator is available, plus information on free software.(RW)
**Sites that contain the initials RW were suggested and annotated by Dr. Ray White, VUSC Education Professor Emeritus.**