O. Cope Budge Library acquires, manages, and promotes the use of information resources in a user-centered environment. The library links students, faculty, and staff to an increasingly global body of knowledge. The librarians promote personal enrichment, foster multicultural appreciation, stimulate critical thinking, and encourage lifelong learning. Through its personnel, resources, and services, the library supports the learning targets, goals, and curriculum of Vanguard University.
Web Site Mission
The primary audience is the students, faculty, and staff of Vanguard University. Others are welcome to access any information on the site that is not subscription-based.
- To serve as an essential tool for the library instructional program
- To provide easy and quick access to databases and information
- To maintain WWW links for the majors offered at the universityand for general reference
- To provide electronic reference service for our primary audience and for others as time allows
- To provide general information about the library, including hours and services.
Selection Criteria for Links to WWW Sites
- WWW sites that support the curriculum of the university and the reference function of the university library will be priorities.
- Sites that support more general information needs are important, but of secondary emphasis.
- Sites for inclusion may be suggested by faculty, students, and staff of the university and by other information seekers.
- Usually, links to sites are not included on the web pages unless they are of high quality from credible, authoritative, and stable sites, and unless the sites have been reviewed positively by sources the librarians use in collection development. These sources include online sites such as Choice Online, The Scout Report, the Librarian’s Index to the Internet, and College and Research Libraries News reviews of web sites and print sources such as History Highway 2000.
- Sites are periodically assessed and those that have become inactive or out of date, or no longer meet the selection criteria are removed.