Application for Student Employment
It is mandatory to submit the application for employment along with the following new hire paperwork.
The W-4 is an Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate IRS form that determines how much Federal Withholding Taxes will be deducted from an employee’s paycheck.
- Click here to download the W-4 form.
- W-4 form must be completed upon hire and be turned in to the Human Resources Office before your first day of work.
- All boxes must be filled in.
- 1-3 must be completed.
- 4,5,6, and 7 as applicable.
(However, you cannot fill in both 5 & 7.)
- Check your paycheck stub or advice slip to ensure that the rate has been entered correctly.
- If at any time you would like to make changes, turn in a new W-4 form and return it to the Human Resources Office. This will supersede your previous W-4 form.
I9 (Employment Eligibility Form)
Upon hire ALL Vanguard University employees must complete an I-9 by their 1st working day; please review the list of acceptable documents on the back of the I-9 form. Please bring the completed form along with 2 forms of original identification to the Human Resources Office prior to your first day of work.
Federal Work Study Application
Fill out this application to find out if you are eligible for Federal Work Study. Once you and your supervisor have completed the application, please send it to the Financial Aid Office. Once they review your file they will send a copy of the completed application back to your supervisor stating whether or not you are approved.
Student Employee Handbook
This handbook is provided for student employee use as a reference and a summary of Vanguard University’s personnel policies, and work rules. It is designed to acquaint students with the University’s policies as quickly as possible. Student employees will find it to their advantage to read the entire handbook promptly so that they will have a complete understanding of the material covered. The information in this handbook supersedes previous handbooks. This handbook is not applicable to faculty or staff.