Network Operations Manager
Information Technology Department
Reporting directly to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Network Operations Manager leads a team responsible for the management of the universities core IT platform including datacenter, LAN, WLAN, VOIP, network and data security. This team provides Level 2 support to all end-users.
- Manage a team of network administrators and technicians, providing management oversight, guidance, coaching, and leadership that results in a highly effective team.
- Conduct strategic and tactical planning for the universities data and voice network that align with the overall strategy and growth of the institution.
- Manage the design, implementation, operation, and support of the company’s network infrastructure, including WAN, LAN, Internet, Wireless, VOIP and Remote Access services.
- Drive pro-active capacity management and performance management processes that meet university requirements.
- Manage university data center and switch rooms to ensure core IT services can be provided in accordance with requirements for reliability, availability, and scalability to ensure that data center, network, voice, telecommunications services are uninterrupted.
- Ensure that all projects, initiatives, and support activities follow information security and business continuity/disaster recovery standards.
- Define and develop key performance indicators and measurements such as availability to ensure that SLAs (Service Level Agreements) are met. Routinely gather and report on this information and develop procedures to improve quality of service.
- Participate in the establishment of departmental goals and implement procedure and performance standards to achieve these goals; manage, coordinate, monitor and evaluate the activities of the Network Infrastructure team.
- Ensure systems and processes meet state and federal standards including but not limited to FERPA, SOX, PCI , and oversee the controls that ensure policy compliance.
- Respond to problem escalations on a 24 hours/7 days a week basis.
- Facilitate proactive communication with the Applications Systems Supervisor and the CIO to establish a strong planning and research/development related environment.
- Maintain services, ensure functionality, regularly installs software and hardware upgrades, and provide support for all campus infrastructure.
- Maintain network integrity, security and functionality.
- Directly responsible for all administrative network management, corresponding research and development, and software license management.
- Prepare and recommend policy to the CIO regarding network and technician related issues.
- Supervise, evaluate, and interview technicians and network administrators for the network support team, in consultation with the CIO.
- Provide weekly reports to CIO on status of network, support issues, problem areas, and progress of work.
- Provide regular and updated documentation on network design, including all changes, disaster recovery scenarios, and technical support history.
- Oversee all network/technician related services, including but not limited to: print services, internet services, licensing, email, network security, QoS, Video-on-demand, wireless networking, IP telephony, IPTV, VPN, firewall management, digital file management and intranet connectivity for the campus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent education required.
- Minimum of two years of prior work experience or technical training for LAN/WAN management preferred.
- Experience in a PCI environment is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise-level IT operations and support.
- 3+ years supervisory experience leading a team of technicians.
Desired Skills / Abilities
- Excellent leadership, project management, communications, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Strong, demonstrated experience, managing complex VOIP and data networks.
- In depth networking experience that includes deep technical and functional understanding of network security, VOIP, WAN, LAN, and internet routing and switching protocols, wireless and VPN capabilities.
- Experience building, deploying, and managing network and application monitoring solutions that provide clear visibility into network traffic and performance.
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines, independently, and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Organized and detail-oriented, ability to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interface with all functions and at all levels within the organization. Abillity to coordinate cross functional teams.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery, Resiliency Planning, and planning highly available solutions
- Experience with all Windows operating systems, Exchange 2010/2012, Active Directory, Cisco and HP equipment.
- Experience with and good working knowledge of Domains, Segmentation, Account Management, Network backups, Trusts, Policies, Network Protocols and Bindings, and Software Imaging, QoS, and Firewalls.
Full-time exempt position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a generous benefits package.
Applicant should submit a completed VUSC Application for Staff Employment and current resume. The application form can be downloaded from the web at http://www.vanguard.edu/humanresources/employment-opportunities. All applications/resumes/materials must be submitted electronically via e-mail to: RESUME@vanguard.edu .We are located at: Vanguard University of Southern California, 55 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Applications will be received until position is filled.
VANGUARD UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA is a private, co-educational, comprehensive University of liberal arts and professional studies that believes its evangelical Christian community in the Pentecostal tradition offers a unique opportunity for academic achievement. Vanguard University embodies a Christ-centered, multicultural community serving approximately 2,200 students. Vanguard values and encourages qualified applicants who are diverse in gender, generation, ethnicity, race and/or ability, and seeks staff that will interact with the Vanguard community in a way that reflects a commitment to cultural proficiency. Where permitted by law and in relation to the school’s heritage and mission, Vanguard does exercise religious preference throughout the University.