Director of Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions
Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions
The Director of Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions is responsible for leadership and management of the Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions Office. The director is responsible for the recruitment and admissions counseling of prospective students and applicants for graduate and professional studies academic programs, and for managing and implementing marketing and communications strategies. The director is responsible to supervise Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions staff. This position also collaborates with graduate and professional studies program staff, faculty, the Dean of the School for Graduate and Professional Studies, and the Director of Marketing and Communications. This position reports to the Vice President for Enrollment Management (VPEM).
- Work with the VPEM and campus constituents to develop graduate and professional studies student recruitment and admission counseling strategies.
- Implement effective marketing plans and recruitment and admissions strategies for the university’s graduate and professional studies programs.
- Select, train, support, supervise, and evaluate Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions staff.
- Manage the flow of information from the Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions Office to its various publics.
- Collaborate with various campus offices including but not limited to Financial Aid, Undergraduate Admissions, Registrar, Business Office, University Advancement, Marketing and Communications, Church Relations and the Alumni Relations.
- Responsible for the recruitment of graduate and professional studies students for all programs.
- Track and report graduate enrollment including historical comparative data to the VPEM and campus constituents on a regular basis.
- Make local and extended recruitment visits to graduate college fairs, churches, conferences, university campuses, organizations, businesses, school districts, and conventions.
- Individually contact, by phone, e-mail and letter–prospective students, applicants and references.
- Develop and maintain marketing funnels for each program.
- Develop and maintain relations with university contacts.
- Host on-campus appointments and events for prospective graduate and professional studies students.
- Coordinate, direct and supervise special events for Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions.
- Work closely with graduate and professional studies program coordinators, chairs, and dean.
- Manage publication needs with the VPEM.
- Manage the Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions budget with the VPEM.
- Manage and update the Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions website.
- Handle sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the VPEM.
- Baccalaureate degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 8 or more years of progressive experience in admissions and recruitment, preferably in a management role. Preference is given to candidates who have worked in graduate and/or professional studies admissions at Christian and/or private institutions, and who has served in a leadership position in admissions (director level or above).
- Knowledge of and ability to implement admissions, recruitment, and enrollment “best practices.”
- Ability to represent Vanguard University in a variety of situations.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Strong leadership, management, and team-building skills.
- Experience or knowledge in public relations or marketing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products and ability to learn and work with related software programs.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Knowledge and acceptance of principles and philosophies of Vanguard University.
Full-time position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a generous benefits package.
Applicant should submit a completed VUSC Application for Staff Employment and current resume. The application form can be downloaded from the web at http://www.vanguard.edu/humanresources/employment-opportunities. All applications/resumes/materials must be submitted electronically via e-mail to: RESUME@vanguard.edu .We are located at: Vanguard University of Southern California, 55 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Applications will be received until position is filled.
VANGUARD UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA is a private, co-educational, comprehensive University of liberal arts and professional studies that believes its evangelical Christian community in the Pentecostal tradition offers a unique opportunity for academic achievement. Vanguard University embodies a Christ-centered, multicultural community serving approximately 2,200 students. Vanguard values and encourages qualified applicants who are diverse in gender, generation, ethnicity, race and/or ability, and seeks staff that will mentor staff and students and will interact with the Vanguard community in a way that reflects a commitment to cultural proficiency. Where permitted by law and in relation to the school’s heritage and mission, Vanguard does exercise religious preference throughout the University.