Creative Services Manager
Office of Marketing and Communication
The Creative Services Manager is responsible for implementing the institutional design image into electronic, print and other applications campus-wide and is responsible for project concept development, creative direction and graphic design for Vanguard University. The Creative Services Manager reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Develop concepts and graphic designs for Vanguard marketing materials including, but not limited to, the university website, printed promotional materials, advertising, recruitment, and fundraising materials.
- Manage the creative development of Vanguard marketing materials from inception of a job through the final deliverable.
- Manage and provide creative direction to senior graphic designer and freelance graphic designers.
- Assist and direct campus or outside photographers in photographic illustrations.
- Assist University clients and outside vendors who are producing printed or online materials to maintain Vanguard University graphic standards.
- Monitor all design work and quality of all college printed material particularly that which the public sees.
- Provide expertise and service to University clients in the creative development of University publications, promotional materials, website, online social media, and logos. University clients include, but are not limited to: Admissions, School for Professional Studies, Advancement, Alumni Relations, Athletics, Student Life, university departments, institutes, centers, and student groups.
- Work to achieve consensus for creative approach among various stakeholders.
- Work closely with Vanguard’s Associate Director of Web Development and website vendors to create images and develop interface designs for Vanguard’s website.
- Work in conjunction with Director of Marketing and Communications in managing the university’s creative agency.
- Participate in the development and administration of the department budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Communications and inherent in the position.
- Bachelor degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Managerial experience in a similar role.
- Minimum 5-7 years graphic design experience in an agency, higher education or private industry.
- Minimum 3-5 years managing both creative workflow process and graphic artists.
- Computer skill set that includes strong proficiency with the Macintosh operating system and software programs including Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in production, photo retouching, graphic design, typesetting and layout are essential. A thorough understanding of file preparation for offset printing is critical.
- Strong evidence of creativity, innovation and vision as it pertains to marketing materials.
- Ability to effectively manage multiples projects and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in interacting with both vendors and internal clients.
- Knowledge and acceptance of principles and philosophies of Vanguard University.
Full-time position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a generous benefits package.
Applicant should submit a completed VUSC Application for Staff Employment and current resume. The application form can be downloaded from the web at http://humanresources.vanguard.edu/employment-opportunities. All applications/resumes/materials must be submitted electronically via e-mail to: RESUME@vanguard.edu . We are located at: Vanguard University of Southern California, 55 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Applications will be received until position is filled.
VANGUARD UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, is a private, co-educational, comprehensive University of liberal arts and professional studies that believes its evangelical Christian community in the Pentecostal tradition offers a unique opportunity for academic achievement. Vanguard University embodies a Christ-centered, multicultural community serving approximately 2,200 students. Vanguard values and encourages qualified applicants who are diverse in gender, generation, ethnicity, race and/or ability, and seeks staff that will interact with the Vanguard community in a way that reflects a commitment to cultural proficiency. Where permitted by law and in relation to the school’s heritage and mission, Vanguard does exercise religious preference throughout the University.