Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Undergraduate Admissions Office
The Assistant Director for the Undergraduate Admissions Office manages the recruitment of prospective transfer and athlete prospects and applicants. Admissions recruitment, counseling and outreach and application review are all significant functions of this position. This position reports do the Director of Undergraduate Admissions and includes supervision of admissions counselor(s).
- Reflect and promote the mission, vision and identity of the University.
- Supervise and provide ongoing training and assessment for admissions counselor(s).
- With Director, analyze daily prospect reports, set conversion goals, monitor admissions counselor progress and enforce accountability.
- Implement recruiting strategies as directed by management team.
- Complete holistic review of applications for admission.
- Manage a small recruitment territory or roster anticipated to be comprised of transfer students and/or athletes. May include limited travel.
- Develop and maintain relationships with high school guidance counselors, community college transfer centers, youth pastors and other key influencers.
- With Director, determine recruitment territories and travel calendar. Schedule and attend recruitment activities and make presentations at high schools, community colleges, churches, organized fairs and events.
- Maintain scheduled contact via telephone, email and social media with prospect and applicant roster. Accountable to goals and yield as set by management.
- Represent Undergraduate Admissions and the University at various meetings, events and/or conferences (may include public speaking).
- Counsel applicants through the admission process, including the financial aid awarding process, academic registration and financial registration.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in admissions. Preference is given to candidates who have worked in undergraduate admissions at Christian and/or private institutions and experience with recruitment of transfer students and/or athletes.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to analyze reports and set conversion goals.
- Previous experience in a goal driven team environment.
- Ability to professionally represent Vanguard University in a variety of situations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide range of constituents.
- Strong collaborative and team-oriented interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, organized and efficient. Ability to work independently, handle large volumes of work and multi-task with interruptions.
- Ability to handle information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience with enterprise system such as Colleague preferred.
- Overnight travel and occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Knowledge and acceptance of principles and philosophies of Vanguard University, its programs, and requirements.
Full-time position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a generous benefits package.
Applicant should submit a completed VUSC Application for Staff Employment and current resume. The application form can be downloaded from the web at http://humanresources.vanguard.edu/employment-opportunities. All applications/resumes/materials must be submitted electronically via e-mail to: RESUME@vanguard.edu . We are located at: Vanguard University of Southern California, 55 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Applications will be received until position is filled.
VANGUARD UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA is a private, co-educational, comprehensive University of liberal arts and professional studies that believes its evangelical Christian community in the Pentecostal tradition offers a unique opportunity for academic achievement. Vanguard University embodies a Christ-centered, multicultural community serving approximately 2,200 students. Vanguard values and encourages qualified applicants who are diverse in gender, generation, ethnicity, race and/or ability, and seeks staff that will mentor staff and students interact with the Vanguard community in a way that reflects a commitment to cultural proficiency. Where permitted by law and in relation to the school’s heritage and mission, Vanguard does exercise religious preference throughout the University.