Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions Office
The Admissions Counselor for the Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions Office is responsible for recruiting prospective students and applicants within designated student cohort(s) and/or academic programs. Admissions recruitment, counseling, outreach, and application review are all significant functions of this position. This position reports to the Director of Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions.
- Reflect and promote the mission, vision, and identity of the University.
- Manage a recruitment territory comprised prospective adult students interested in Professional Studies academic programs.
- Implement recruiting strategies as directed by the management team.
- Schedule and attend recruitment activities including organized fairs and events and makes presentations at community colleges, churches, organizations, and business.
- Maintain scheduled contact via telephone, email and social media with prospect and applicant roster. Accountable to goals and yield as set by management.
- Assist with coordination of various prospect and applicant on-campus and off-site visit programs. Conduct individual on-campus appointments and occasional tours.
- Counsel applicants through the admission process.
- Complete unofficial transcript evaluations for prospective students and applicants.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Experience in admissions, recruitment, education, public relations, or marketing preferred.
- Excellent experience in customer relations and service administration required.
- Ability to professionally represent Vanguard University in a variety of situations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to students, parents, staff, administration, faculty, community college representatives, and pastors.
- Strong collaborative and team-oriented interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, organized and efficient. Ability to work independently, handle large volumes of work, and multi-task with interruptions.
- Ability to handle information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience with enterprise system such as Colleague preferred.
- Overnight travel and occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Knowledge and acceptance of principles and philosophies of Vanguard University, its programs, and requirements.
Full-time position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a generous benefits package.
Applicant should submit a completed VUSC Application for Staff Employment and current resume. The application form can be downloaded from the web at http://humanresources.vanguard.edu/employment-opportunities. All applications/resumes/materials must be submitted electronically via e-mail to: RESUME@vanguard.edu . We are located at: Vanguard University of Southern California, 55 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Applications will be received until position is filled.
VANGUARD UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA is a private, co-educational, comprehensive University of liberal arts and professional studies that believes its evangelical Christian community in the Pentecostal tradition offers a unique opportunity for academic achievement. Vanguard University embodies a Christ-centered, multicultural community serving approximately 2,200 students. Vanguard values and encourages qualified applicants who are diverse in gender, generation, ethnicity, race and/or ability, and seeks staff that will interact with the Vanguard community in a way that reflects a commitment to cultural proficiency. Where permitted by law and in relation to the school’s heritage and mission, Vanguard does exercise religious preference throughout the University.